Trinity 10+ exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
croydonmum

Trinity 10+ exam

Post by croydonmum »

Any feedback from Trinity 10+ interviews this week? Do they ask any academic questions, and how long does it last?

And is the interview with the Head Teacher?
Mummyto3

Post by Mummyto3 »

My DS had his interview last week.
He was asked quite a few maths questions and a couple of english questions. His interview was about 20-25 mins.
I met the Headmaster, he was lovely!! He asked me what questions I had, which I asked and he answered fully. It was really relaxed. My son came out of his interview after I had finished with the Headmaster.

Hope this helps. Good luck :D
croydonmum

Post by croydonmum »

Thanks, that sounds like a scholarship interview, good for you!

Has anyone had an interview this week? A friend tells me that non-scholarship interviews this week are shorter and do not contain any academic questions?
Mummyto3

Post by Mummyto3 »

I know three boys who are having interviews, one today (10+) one this Saturday (10+) and one next week (11+). Two had to re-arrange dates.

Think you may be right about the relationship between interviews and scholarships as my DS had his Whitgift interview on Monday, this was about 15-20 mins and again he was asked Maths/English questions. It just seemed to be sussing him out whilst my friend's DS had his interview 6 days after sitting their 11+ and scholarships were mentioned numerous times. So we assumed he had done really well in his exam.

Have come to the conclusion that a scholarship is a bonus, just really want to get my DS into either of them. :wink:
croydonmum

Post by croydonmum »

Do you know why the 10+ interview had to be rearranged? I assume they finish this weekend.

Then we have an agonising 3 week wait!
Mummyto3

Post by Mummyto3 »

They were re-arranged by the families, the dates offered by the school were not convenient.

The wait is going to be agony :shock: , I am almost counting down the days. My DS will be on holiday when the letter comes so I have the honour of opening it myself and then compose myself to tell him the good/bad news!! Just want it over and done with - really feel for those waiting for the GS on March 2 - that is too long!

Good luck for the interview.
croydonmum

Post by croydonmum »

Well that's over! We had our Trinity interview - 15 minutes with a Maths teacher. DS said he had a chat about his interests followed by 5 maths questions.

Has anyone else had this experience? DS was not seen by Head or any of "senior management".
Mummyto3

Post by Mummyto3 »

Me again!!

My son saw Mr Timms, Deputy Head abd Head of admissions. My DS did not see the Headmaster, only I did. Think the Headmaster only meets the parents.

Hope it went well for your son, and all the best for the day the envelope arrives!! :D

By the way, did you also apply for Whitgift?
croydonmum

Post by croydonmum »

No, we did not apply to Whitgift, just Trinity.

Do you know what happened to your friend's DS who had his 10+ interview today? I have heard that potential scholarship interviews on Friday 23rd were conducted by "senior management", but all the 10+ interviews last week were done by a Maths/English teacher.

Not sure what to read into all this!
Mummyto3

Post by Mummyto3 »

Will know on Monday when I see them at school. Will post you then.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now