Wallington High school for girls - cut off mark

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Olivia

Wallington High school for girls - cut off mark

Post by Olivia »

Just got the letter today. The cut-off mark this year has been set to 326. Does anyone know the overall total mark if someone gets everything 100% right. DD did not make it to the cut off, but would like to know for myself and her effort how she did overall as it will help to move on.....

Also any ideas of cut off marks in the previous years?

I have contacted Wallington, but they did not want to disclose the total mark for some unknown reason...

Any info will be appreciated...
catcool

wallington cut off mark

Post by catcool »

It has always been my understanding that the cut off mark of 326 is the same every year and has been this for many years. The cut off of 326 is the same for Nonsuch high school, Sutton Grammar and Wallington Boys .

I do not know what the highest mark is but my DD passed the test for Nonsuch a few years back with a mark of 383. There were some with higher marks as in those days if you could show an aptitude in a particular area ie music your Dd could get an extra 50 marks. I gather that has been done away with .
huntlie

Post by huntlie »

Cut off mark has always been 326. With my other 2 grandkids, we got a letter giving the mark they got. This time, nothing except form from Sutton to say she got allocated bog street comp. Son will ring Nonsuch today.
kk dad

Post by kk dad »

Hi Olivia,

My dd was offered Wallington yesterday but did not get the mark confirmed.

However, received letter from Nonsuch also confirming she was successful with a mark of 345 but Wallington was our 1st choice so offer would apply in this instance.

The test is the same for both schools.

Hope this helps.
Giulio

Post by Giulio »

Hi Olivia,
326 is just a normalised mark, the maximum possible mark is 420+any additional point for age (my son got 1 or 2 extra points in Wallington for being born in December, the younger you are, more points you get, to make it fair regardless of the month the child is born).
326 is always a relative mark that separates the top 25% or 30% (do not remeber exactly, I think is 30%)
300 is the middle, if the child scores more then 300 s/he is in the top 50% of all the children that sat that exam and viceversa.
If the children of a given test day are all very good, to get 326 or more your would need to answer more questions, say 90%, that if the group of children are less good at tests. In a different group of children, you might just need 70% of right answers to gain a mark of 326 or above.
So the mark is always the same, but the children change each year and a performance that makes you pass one year might not be sufficient another year.
By my calculations, generally, the child has to get
80% or more of VR
70% or more in NVR
80% or more in Math
to have a mark above 326
this is based on the Sutton boy mock tests
just gives you an idea. does this help?
Giulio
Giulio

Post by Giulio »

kk dad wrote: My dd was offered Wallington yesterday but did not get the mark confirmed.
well done
good mark as well
Giulio
kk dad

Post by kk dad »

Many thanks Giulio.

I read in another thread that your dd was also succesful - well done to her aswell.
Olivia

Post by Olivia »

Many thanks to everyone for the very useful information. Assuming that the total mark is 420, my daughter's result shows she has performed well below her practice papers. But such is life. I am now waiting to hear if she is any closer the cut off point of another GS. After that hopefully closure can be found and moving onto plan B mentally and practically can start.

Well done to all the girls/boys that were successfull!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now