Tiffin Boys waiting list 2009

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
stanley

Post by stanley »

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but they will go to the top. Tiffin girls is the same. My DD was 12th on the WL and moved to 15th, 3 days later. Am not going to ring up again cos don't want to know anymore!
Shouldn't worry because he is so close he is bound to get in..Well done.
Is there any other Tiffin girls parents out there?? Does anyone have experience of their waiting list??
By the way, there are also 3 boys in my DD school who will not be taking the boys place cos got scholarships at independants.
geling

Post by geling »

Hi, stanley: your DD did very well in the exam and hopefully she will "grab" the offer soon!

So, adding your 3 who will say "NO" to Tiffin Boy, we only need another 5 boys to withdraw to get "the ball rolling"! But, are you sure you and "stanley" 's DS aren't at the same primary school? :lol: :lol: (Certainly not! ?)
minniem

Post by minniem »

Hi everyone,
I have just taken the plunge and have rung Tiffin to clarify this unfair practise.
Yes this is the case, boys are definately allowed to come back on to the waiting list rank score order!
The admissions lady even agreed with me that this was an unfair system.
She also stated ( like we already know ) that there will be no news until 17/18th march at the earliest.
Hello to Delthebelle... My son also scored 225 so you and I have joint score ranking ! along with five others.
I cant bear the suspense, getting through the exam was bad enough this is even worse.
stanley

Post by stanley »

dear geling...lets hope she will, fingers crossed.
They can't be at the same school because there were not 8 boys in her class who got offers...just 5.
Where are all the girls parents?? It seems to be just me!!
orion

Post by orion »

Just for clarification I'm not sure that my source, friend's 10 year son, is correct.

He believed that someone at his school scored 224 and was 31st on the list, however minniem states that her DS is 1st on the list at 225 along with 6 other boys, including Delthebelle DS, in which case it is unlikely that 224 would be placed at list number 31 ? Perhaps someone at 224 can clarify.
delthebelle

Post by delthebelle »

Thanks everyone for such positive msgs. i feel better now, and Minniem, i'm so glad u r in same boat as me. fingers crossed.
this is for orions query, 7 boys on 225, 11 boys on 224 and so the list goes on so yr friends son has made a mistake,hopefully this maybe better news and not bad. !!
apparently on the sutton grammar waiting list forum (coz DS is 29th on waiting list there) there was a lot of similar condemnation of policies where WL nos change all the time because of boys adding to it later and parents on that page have vowed to not let this policy continue but we won't be the benefitters of that this year. Its worth a read if anyone gets a chance.
minniem

Post by minniem »

just doing some maths here although not my strong point.
I think orion source might think
13 boys have to move before 7 get in then another 1 would have to drop out before the next 11 get in.
so in effect it is near on 30+ boys who do get in before 223 score moves up.
Just thought I would add this anything to take my mind off the fact that my son in reality could go fron 1st place DOWN to whatever place if the second chancers get their way.
orion

Post by orion »

minniem, yes I think your right, 13 to decline + 7 at 225 and then 11 at 224 which makes 31. His friend should therefore be at 8 on the waiting list and better placed than he thought !
Thea

Post by Thea »

I am very impressed with your mathematcial and logical abilities which I do not share... If your children have inherited those genes they will do well wherever they go!
Very Best of luck!
Best Regards,
Thea
cinnamon

Post by cinnamon »

My daughter says 2 boys from her class are turning down Tiffin in favour of scholarships, so that should push you all up the list a little bit more! Good luck.