Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:59 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: any one out there
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:36 am 
where are all the surrey parents??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:48 am 
I am here avidly waiting for info on Sutton and Surrey I think they've all signed the official secrets act! What schools are you going for, this is my first time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:51 am 
I think you are right! very cloak and dagger....Looking at Glyn and sutton grammar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:01 am 
My son took the Mock Sutton Grammar test did ok but not brilliant. I decided not go for it in the end. The competition is just too fierce and I didn't really like the feel of the school. I'm an ex Nonsuch girl and I think the feel of the grammars has changed for the worse since my time. The mix of pupils is too narrow aswell.

We loved Glyn its more like Grammars used to be . Our son is sitting the test on 2 December but we know little of what will come up. We are just out of catchment probably,we live 2 miles from the school so he needs to pass the test.

Do you have any info?? I know the content but not what sort of level and papers best to use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:17 am 
no info at all I'm afraid and my son will be sitting test also as out of catchement area...I m assuming it is same sort of test as grammars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:27 am 
It's such a nightmare! I'm hoping the catchment area is going to go out as far as us this year, It has in the past probably just wishful thinking. I'm hoping the rumours I have heard about low boy birthrate and Blenheim bringing back their football programme will have apositive impact. fingers crossed. Good luck to your son. What is your back up school?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:02 am 
woodcote..what about yours?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:06 am 
don't know why ai came up as guest there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:10 am 
Our second choice is Cheam High I was very anti it until I went to the open evening. Very impressed. My friend from Woodmansterne has a son just started at Glyn I think thats your neck of the woods. He's loving it there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:35 am 
We are actually CHipstead so a little further than woodmansterne..Did your friends son get in on catchment or test?