Whitgift vs Trinity vs Reigate Grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
LazyDaisy

Post by LazyDaisy »

Thanks to you all for your replies. We are doing this in Jan (or rather ds is!!!). He prefers Whitgift but I like Trinity too so we'll have to see what he is offered (if anything..............)
Mummyto3

Post by Mummyto3 »

Good Luck LazyDaisy!!! Keeping fingers crossed for your DS, either school is good so I don't think you can go too far wrong whicheverone you go for.

Santamad - No worries about the rambling, I rambled incessantly in the run up to DS's exams. I agree that kids should go to the schools nearest to them, but the schools near to us are dire and I would be scared to go there much less send DS!! Pity there isn't a quality choice for all and it seems as if things are becoming worse. I am not knocking all state schools, just the ones available to me sunny South London :(
LazyDaisy

Post by LazyDaisy »

Thanks Mummyto3. I will probably be in a blind panic by January so I hope you'll still be around (and all you other nice people) to calm my poor nerves. :D
Mummyto3

Post by Mummyto3 »

LazyDaisy

Of course I will be here!

This site is priceless and most people are very supportive.

I will be glad to help in any way I can.

All the best :D
santamad

Post by santamad »

Good luck LazyDaisy. My son actually really enjoyed the whole experience - exams and all! He's fairly confident and outgoing and I think this and us putting very little pressure on really helped.

Our nearest comps are very good but we are not guarenteed (sp??) a place, hence our complicated journey. We're still on the journey so I suspect I will continue to ramble on this site and then hopefully ramble after in order to try and help others!
LazyDaisy

Post by LazyDaisy »

Thanks santamad - it's all so stressful isn't it?

So is your ds at Whitgift now or is he starting in September?

What books did you use for revision? I have the Bond books - are they a good choice?
santamad

Post by santamad »

Starting in September. Induction days next week - he's so excited.

Yes, we used Bond books for the revision as we didn't plan to do any exams at all until October! He had been doing Bond for a while though as general top-up and these seemed to help. He found the maths the toughest (which was very surprising as maths is what he is best at usually).

Hope it all goes well for your DS, as I said I'd have been pleased he had the experience whatever the result. Do sign up for the October course if you can too as this helped him decide to get his head down and do some work!

I'll be around on the forum for a while anyway so will let you know if it fulfills his very high expectations (though clearly each child is very different).
LazyDaisy

Post by LazyDaisy »

Thanks, santamad. I hope your ds enjoys his induction days.

What is the October course?
santamad

Post by santamad »

Hi there,

It's a sports course and then they have a science course too I think over half term- look on the website for more info. Helped focus our DS mind!

Santamad
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now