bursaries and scholarships

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
blue

bursaries and scholarships

Post by blue »

Hi there,
does anyone know or heard of a child getting a bursary or scholarship for having very good ICT skills.
I know of the basic ones: academic, music, drama, sport.

Thanks.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

No, sorry.
Loopyloulou

Post by Loopyloulou »

Regret I've not come across this either.
Loopy
solimum

Post by solimum »

If they're that good presumably they could hack into the school's computers and award themselves one......!
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

If they're that good perhaps they could hack into the LEA's computers and ................................. :idea: :shock: :lol: ................. :shock: ....................... :lol: ....................................................... :shock: ............................................................................................. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Some schools offer DT scholarships but they are not worth much value. How good is DC at computers? There are lots of courses that have 6 year olds passing GCSE at age 6 so it is not unusual for kids to be highly pc literate. But if s/he is hacking into NASA then I think it may warrant some form of award. In saying that two pupils were expelled from Winchester a couple of years ago because they hacked into the schools system and uncovered a fees cartel :shock: , so maybe a school would want to stay well clear of a computer genius! :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now