Go to navigation
It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:59 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 11:32 am
Posts: 138
Dear Parent, From September 2009, **** School will be offering students in Years 11-13 the opportunity to go horse riding. This will be a games option on Wednesday afternoons


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:47 am
Posts: 3310
Location: Warwickshire.
Will that appear as an extra on the bill? I assume that there is a charge...? There may be a recession but there are still many who would pay for this. What is your feeling about it Guest42?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 11:32 am
Posts: 138
Students can work towards qualifications in both riding and stable management, achieving up to six levels of awards in each area from the British Horse Society, a nationally recognised qualification....

Well that's 6 GCSE equivalents in the bag:)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:25 am
Posts: 20
A well known indie in South East London has had so many applicants this year they will have a 7 form, rather than the usual 6 form, entry in September!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:08 am
Posts: 211
Doesn't surprise me at all. As long as most state schools carry on as they are, parents will opt to go private.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:31 pm
Posts: 1192
huntlie wrote:
Doesn't surprise me at all. As long as most state schools carry on as they are, parents will opt to go private.


In our area all the state primaries are adding classes for next year; there is massive pressure on education (and other services) at present.

_________________
Animis opibusque parati


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:51 am
Posts: 8113
SunlampVexesEel wrote:
huntlie wrote:
Doesn't surprise me at all. As long as most state schools carry on as they are, parents will opt to go private.


In our area all the state primaries are adding classes for next year; there is massive pressure on education (and other services) at present.


too right SLVE!! seems quite a lot of people (and employers) are cutting back by not renewing private health insurance - meanwhile the private hospitals are filling spare capacity by taking on NHS work so they have plenty to do.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:27 am
Posts: 2086
Location: Barnet, Herts
In my son's school they do horse-riding on Fri afternoons as an activity.
Yes it is an extra- £229 per term!!!
His school will be operating at maximum capacity in Sept.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:43 am
Posts: 360
SunlampVexesEel wrote:
In our area all the state primaries are adding classes for next year; there is massive pressure on education (and other services) at present.

But that is probably more to do with the significant increase in birth rate in the last 5 years than a possible and switch of a few families from the very small indie to much larger state sector?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:31 pm
Posts: 1192
zee wrote:
SunlampVexesEel wrote:
In our area all the state primaries are adding classes for next year; there is massive pressure on education (and other services) at present.

But that is probably more to do with the significant increase in birth rate in the last 5 years than a possible and switch of a few families from the very small indie to much larger state sector?


I agree. Migration, birth rate and immigration. I was just disagreeing with huntlie's assertion above that the demand was due to dissatisfaction with the state alternative; but more due to general high demand.

I read recently that the forecast was for the UK population to rise to 70M by 2031; lots of demand!!!

_________________
Animis opibusque parati


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
CALL 020 8204 5060
   
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2016