May Contain Nuts...

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

you could watch it on iplayer on the internet
poi

Post by poi »

I have always thought the 'taking of the test' needed more security, and that parents will take drastic measures to get the 'pass' even if they are not going in for the test themselves!! The need for a letter, pupil name and date of birth is not sufficient. The parents often have a choice regarding the venue of the test and could easily put another child in for the exam as their own if they wished, at a place which is so busy no-one would catch-on that there was an imposter. I would bet that some children sitting these entrance exams are not the named pupils on the school's list!!! Or am I just nuts????!!!!!
chardom

Post by chardom »

Is it suitable for DC to watch (they are 11 and 16) or is it just a guilty pleasure for us parents :?:
sp

Post by sp »

I seem to remember the book was quite harmless (that was 3 years ago though so forgive me if I'm wrong!!) but Tv productions often seem to add some interesting "extras" that did not appear in a book. Could be one of those you have tp watch the DC get to see it (or not!!)
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

chardom wrote:Is it suitable for DC to watch (they are 11 and 16) or is it just a guilty pleasure for us parents :?:
I would say so given their ages.There was nothing to worry about in the book.If it gets dodgy I always ask my 13 year old to make tea.
:lol:

My grandmother used to suddenly pretend to have lost a fiver and get the kids looking for it during the smoochy bits. :lol:
Milla

Post by Milla »

Chelmsford mum wrote:
My grandmother used to suddenly pretend to have lost a fiver and get the kids looking for it during the smoochy bits. :lol:
Fantastic! what a great grandmother! :lol:
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

So who's all tuning in for tonight then? Nettle wine at the ready! :D
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH!

So who admita to being 10% Fion, so far! :shock:
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Actually, I don't think I'm very like Fion now after I watched the rest - what a witch! :shock:
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Sooooooo, that's where Ed's mum got the idea from for nettles :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, it's all so true though isn't it!!

For me it was the bit about me being brighter than an 11 year old - 'till I tried to do the work myself :shock: :lol:

Wonder what next week will bring.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now