Insurance needed?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
FirstTimeBuyer

Post by FirstTimeBuyer »

T.i.p.s.y wrote:I know of two independents that refunded fees because kids had swine flu.
Agreed. However if it gets to epidemic proportions in UK in Autumn, then a declaration of epidemic could nullify insurance. However the more likely scenario if authorities are faced with such an outbreak is that they leave them in school and break out the Tamiflu, rather than cause widespread disruption.
Exams are formidable for the best prepared. The greatest fool may ask what the wisest man cannot answer.
chardom

Post by chardom »

After much consideration and weighing up the comments from everyone, we have decided to opt out of the BUPA membership but opt in to the accidental sports insurance as my over-protective ( some would call it neurotic, including my OH :evil: ) mothering instinct wil be calmed a bit if I know DS is covered if he has any sporting mis-haps! Thanks for all your input!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Snowdrops wrote:*tuts* at Herman!!

Hermy, if you go to private school, you HAVE to have private insurance too for the private hospitals :lol: :lol: :lol:
ay up Snowy! I must be missing out somewhere!! Why do I end up seeing all these kids from private schools on the NHS then?????
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

They come to you for a second opinion :shock: :lol:

PS: You definitely need to go private, think of all the money you're missing out on :wink:
katel

Post by katel »

The insurance seems REALLY expensive! My daughter rides other people's horses for them, and her insurance, which is very comprehensive (no pun intended!!!!!) is a fraction of that. I'd investigate other options if I were you.