Go to navigation
It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:23 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:42 pm
Posts: 3813
Location: Chelmsford and pleased
Hi

Does anyone have experience of this situation. DS does not wish to take up his place at a Kent Independent school. He was offered a big scholarship, at the beginning of yr 6, and at the time we accepted the place. Having spent yr 7 in GS he no longer wishes to take up the place for yr 9. As his primary school ended at yr 6 this situation was predictable, Indie were not willing to fund fees for two yrs of prep school, even if there were one available to us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:12 pm 
Hi Moving,

Why don't you hold off another two terms to see how he gets on in Year 8 and also take him to this independent school especially to events quite often in these two terms so his decision is balanced.

I'm so thrilled he is happy but given the size of scholarship he has been offered and knowing the school I would not be turning it down because DS didn't want to go.

If you've paid a deposit then you may lose it but as long as you give 1 terms notice you should be fine. If you are set on not sending him it would be fairer to let the school know asap so such a vast bursary can be offered to a needy boy who may not have a GS option.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:42 pm
Posts: 3813
Location: Chelmsford and pleased
No deposit for scholarship boys, currently thinking of sending him just to stop the shouting :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:07 pm 
Sorry :oops: , it's just I'd sell my mother to have been given what your DS has, but just because that's what I'd do doesn't mean it's right for you and your family.

Actually, just come up with a great idea! :o Keep him where he is and I'll send my DS and pretend he's yours? :shock: Then we'll both be happy! :lol:


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:21 pm
Posts: 11936
Moving - I can quite understand why your son doesn't want to change school.
He's made friends, got used to the place and found his feet -
It might be worth going round the other school again so he can work out IF the change is worth it -

Personally, if he feels that strongly I'd leave him where he is.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:43 pm 
My son felt so strongly about his previous school and now he often mentions how right I was not to give into him because the school he is at now is so much better.


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
CALL 020 8204 5060
   
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2016