Move to an Independent school mid-year?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sahunt

Post by sahunt »

Hi Suncrest,
Well believe or not I've just picked up dd and she has completed (and passed) her assessment and will start on Monday. So many people said not to start mid year and I discovered that the school's main intakes were yrs 3, 5 & 7 so decided to go for it. The massive grin on her face as we went to collect her said it all!!
Also we have the option of a school bus if proposed travel falls through but fingers crossed it won't be needed yet.
Now I have a lot of uniform to buy tomorrow and a letter to write to current school - where ds will continue to go.
Hope you decide what to do,
S.
Loopyloulou

Post by Loopyloulou »

Well done sahunt! A good choice I think. Hope all goes well.
Loopy
suncrest

Post by suncrest »

That's brilliant Sahunt!!! Congratulations to DD

Thanks for sharing that - We will definitely be discussing what we should do this weekend.
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Suncrest, I am in two minds about your quandry. Part of me thinks that you should wait to see what the school is like incase you do not like it. However I have had incidents where I was not impressed with a previous school for DS1 but it was fabulous for DS2. Had only DS1 been there I would have thought the school rubbish.

Because DD has had hearing problems I would certainly move her now though as in most inde's the prep is much smaller and the children do not need to be as independent. Giving her a headstart on the Y7 entry may be positive and potentially necessary.

Sorry if I've been full of contradiction! :roll:
suncrest

Post by suncrest »

I think you are right really Tipsy - moving DD now would benefit her....but no chance of moving her to DS's school as it is all boys :) (though I get the impression she would preferr to go there than all girls :lol: )

Have homed in on three or four schools for DD but not sure if I've found the right one for her...actually wondering if the right school for her actually exists!
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Always happy to advise - if I can - so pm me if you wish and sorry about getting muddled-up and forgetting DS is at an all-boys school! :oops:
suncrest

Post by suncrest »

Have PM'd you T.i.p.s.y
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Have not received it! :?
suncrest

Post by suncrest »

Tipsy - something seems to be wrong - I am PM ing you and they are in my outbox but not going to you...maybe in a while you will get them - lots I'm afraid as I kept clicking!
guest42

Post by guest42 »

Cannot stress enough the benefits of avoid the crud of SATS in years 5 and 6. What a waste of time that was. On the other hand Year 7 at the independent has been truly special.