So who's starting new schools this week ?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Ah! :(
suncrest

Post by suncrest »

Ahh - v sad T.i.p.s.y.

On a brighter note will that mean we will be hearing more from you now? :D
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

"We'll be hearing more from you now?"

Yes, more sad news I suspect suncrest! :blush:

I can't even get to sleep - what's your excuse being on here so late? ;)
Susan

Post by Susan »

Oh Tipsy, I now know how you feel having taken our DS to his new boarding school yesterday morning. We have moved him out of the state system, so we're all real newbies! DH and I retreated to a local garden centre to have breakfast and compose ourselves before coming into work. Last night was soooo quiet without him. :cry:
The school phoned us last night and said he had had a good day, so fingers crossed it will all work out.
Take care
Susan
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

When will you get to see him next, can you go to chapel on Sunday or is the first weekend a "closed" weekend as it is at our school? Is your work flexible enough to let you watch matches on Wednesdays?
suncrest

Post by suncrest »

T.i.p.s.y wrote:"We'll be hearing more from you now?"

I can't even get to sleep - what's your excuse being on here so late? ;)
Well actually I was 'out with the girls' - from DS's old school catching up and so much talking that it was a late one.(mine only child at different school, so as predicted by one poster here I didn't do that much talking but more listening instead))

Just wanted to say Susan and T.i.p.s.y- I'm sure all your DSs will be having a ball at boarding school, but I do understand that after a lovely summer it must be hard to let them go. I'm being all emotional this week as my DS has just started indie too last week and I'm amazed at how much he has grown up emotionally over the past days....confident, organising himself, trying new things - really amazing to see such a change and a huge relief for me to hear that he is 'loving' his new school. :)
Sue123

Post by Sue123 »

@ Suncrest: I feel the same way - I was more than a little concerned about how our DD would manage in her new senior school. She was very nervous going in - but, within a few days, she seems more confident, more organized, more independent (definitely does not want me cramping her style by going on the bus with her!) but also very happy - so I feel hugely relieved! :D Still, I am very pleased to have her back each afternoon...

Hope it continues to go well - for you as well!
suncrest

Post by suncrest »

Hi Sue123

It is a huge relief to know 'YES' we have chosen the right school, isn't it. Fantastic news about your DD.
My DS would actually prefer to be boarding I think but I'm the one holding him back on that though. Hormones not fully kicked in yet so he is still quite cute. I will probably change my mind in a year or so!
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

A good 13-16 option Suncrest. No arguing about revision or rebellion! 8)
suncrest

Post by suncrest »

Quite - but I was hoping more 13-18!! :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now