Ripon Cathedral School

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

T.i.p.s.y

Ripon Cathedral School

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Does anyone know much about this school. I have a friend whose daughter is thinking about auditioning at York (Minster School) and Ripon Cathedral and she thinks Ripon Cathedral Choir School might be better as it sends to a lot of public schools but she is concerned that it is so small - only 93 kids so less than 10 in a year group as it goes from 3-13. Has it always been this size or is it struggling in the credit crunch? What school would be a safer bet in terms of not shutting in the recession?
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

It's quite local to me Tipsy, and it's always been around that size (I think).

I know of at least one OoC who sat the 11+ exams and got in to Ripon Grammar School.

Apart from that, we don't really hear much about it - sorry.

I think you would need someone who has attended the school or who is more local and has their ear to the ground - but Riponians are very few and far between on here (in fact, non existent for the past 18 months!!).
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

but Riponians are very few and far between on here

Quite strange given the Grammar Schools. :?

If you hear anything on the grapevine I'd be much appreciative. It's funny because we all used to think of small schools and think that was wonderful but now we wonder if its a sign of a schools days being numbered. :?
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Will do!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now