Independants Bexley area

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

dani*

Independants Bexley area

Post by dani* »

Grateful if anyone would be able to give me some info re. Independants in the Bexley Area please. The non selective schools don't inspire us. An independant could be a plan B. And almost not brave enough to ask but an indication about fees, scolarships etc would be appreciated.

Thanks.
reginaphalangie

Post by reginaphalangie »

Not too sure about Bexley but other localish Indies are - Bishop Challoner (Bromley), Farringtons (Chislehurst), Colfes (Lee Green), Blackheath High (Blackheath!), Riverston (Lee Green), St Dunstans (Catford) (of course Jags, Dulwich College and Alleyns but obvioulsy a bit further out). :) :)
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Dani - not aware of any independents in Bexley itself, but we did look at Colfe's a couple of years ago and I thought that was a fantastic school. I almost wish I hadn't seen it as, even though DS is at a good grammar, I still hanker after it now and again! Eltham College also has a good reputation. You're looking at about £12k per annum in fees. I don't know about bursaries but you may find more out on their websites. At Colfe's the HT said that they prefer to give a large number of small scholarships (5-15%) rather than a small number of large scholarships.
reginaphalangie

Post by reginaphalangie »

oops I forgot Eltham College (very academic and very good as far as I know)
Northkentmum

Post by Northkentmum »

There is also Cobham Hall and Gads Hill School just down the A2 about 15 mins from Bexley
NKM
PB Mum

Post by PB Mum »

A bit further away, though probably an easier run than to Dulwich (a couple of M25 junctions), you have the schools in and around Sevenoaks. Fees 12-16K pa.
maddie

Post by maddie »

We are in a similar position. We looked at Trinity this morning, lovely school, generous bursaires but not quite right for our son.