Open Day panic

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tense

Post by tense »

Oh Nathair, I really feel for you! But you are being a great mum (or dad :lol: ) & exploring ALL the options.

Hope it goes well.
Nathair

Post by Nathair »

tense wrote:Oh Nathair, I really feel for you! But you are being a great mum (or dad :lol: ) & exploring ALL the options.

Hope it goes well.
I'm mum :lol: Thank you everyone, the support on here really has helped so much. We're just going to go and be ourselves.

Thanks again.
Nathair

Post by Nathair »

Well you were all right. It went really well. We were shown around by a lovely year 10 girl and came away very impressed.
I asked DD what she liked best about the school (I thought I knew what her reply would be, they have a pool) and she said "The students. They were all really nice and friendly, not at all stuck up but seemed proud of the school"
We were there for three hours, but it didn't seem that long as there was so much to see. DD really wants to go there but understands that it will only be possible with a BIG bursary.
Fingars, toes, eyes and everything else crossed now.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Oh Nathair, I shall be crossing everything for you and your daughter. All the very best of luck!
zorro

Post by zorro »

It was my DS's school's Open Day today and he was a school ambassador (Y8 ). I hope he did as good a job as your Y10 guide.
Wishing you luck for getting your DD into the school.
chardom

Post by chardom »

Am pleased all went well today for you! Best of luck for the entrance process!
Thea

Post by Thea »

ZOrro - well said! No-one will remotely care what you wear - most are not interested ion the parents anyway - only the children, and will go out of theri way to make them welcome. You could avoid that expereince tho' and do a vist at another time. You could also sound them out in advance about bursaries, so as not to waste your time por DDs expectations if they do not offer enough.
Best Regards,
Thea