Son losing lots of marks through carelessness - help!

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

FirstTimeBuyer

Post by FirstTimeBuyer »

CanucksintheUK wrote:
FirstTimeBuyer wrote: Gentle persuasion, reading Riot Act, attempts at embarrassment , all to no avail. :cry:
Practice, practice, practice........finaly worked :) (or maybe he began to mature) :roll: . Best of luck.
Attempts at embarassment? you can't be serious......
No, not really, more tongue in cheek.
Just getting him to spot the obvious error, and correct it, and agree that it was within his capabilities to do the question.
Exams are formidable for the best prepared. The greatest fool may ask what the wisest man cannot answer.
Thea

Post by Thea »

same problem here! Agree with Tipsy that very important to show workings - after a particularly frustrating example of this yeaterday, today I have gone through myself with my DS getting him to READ the question aloud to me ( so it is clear to us noth where he is skiiping words like 'not' :D to me and identify what the answer requires, and what scale of measurement - eg mm,cm, the train that leaves summerville in the afternnon, etc
Best Regards,
Thea
mattsurf

Post by mattsurf »

Thea wrote:same problem here! Agree with Tipsy that very important to show workings - after a particularly frustrating example of this yeaterday, today I have gone through myself with my DS getting him to READ the question aloud to me ( so it is clear to us noth where he is skiiping words like 'not' :D to me and identify what the answer requires, and what scale of measurement - eg mm,cm, the train that leaves summerville in the afternnon, etc
Are you sure you didn't have my DS today!
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Are you suggesting I was wrong to start that Mexican wave at Parents' Evening?
familyinthevalley

Post by familyinthevalley »

mike1880 wrote:

Are you suggesting I was wrong to start that Mexican wave at Parents' Evening?
hehe, no not at all! I'm all for us parents embarrassing ourselves....I do that so well sometimes :oops: Just not into embarrassing the kids!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now