RGS Worcester

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

PrettyWoman

RGS Worcester

Post by PrettyWoman »

In a nutshell DS1 started his education at lovely small prep. Due to falling numbers the school closed and he moved to larger prep 10 miles from home.

Then my small business went through a lean year and although I approached school for help to see me through they would only offer a bursery for DS2 as he "had more potential". DS1 had hearing problems when he was 3/4 so his literacy is not brilliant. The school had him on school action and he was improving brilliantly.

Anyway had to move both to a state primary so already he has been to 3 primary schools. Not what I wanted for him at all. Anyway my business is now thriving which is typical because if the school had been prepared to help originally we could have saved ourselves a move. I digress again - that should be another moan on another thread.

DS1 sat 11+ yesterday but as it was VR I'm not hopeful so my back-up is RGS Worcester. Anybody have any views, tips for the entrance exams, is it as tough as the grammars etc etc.

I know that there are 35 places available and about 100 applicants but I feel that DS1 would be so much better placed in an Indie due to earlier learning problems. The state primary he is at now won't put him on school action because he comes within what is considered "normal". His brother is 3 years younger and reads the same books as him, where is that normal?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now