Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

*crossed*

Good Luck
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

I don't want to get your hopes up too much but when DS went for his Eton interview (not test) the interviewer said that DS had done well and I told him she probably said that to all of them. Well she didn't and the three boys who she told did well out of 11 got places and the others did not. So hopefully this is a very good sign.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

My fingers are crossed. It sounds like it went well Nathair. x
Freya

Post by Freya »

Fingers and toes firmly crossed!
zorro

Post by zorro »

Good job they didn't ask DS about his chores when he was interviewed! :roll: It would have been a very short conversation!
Why did they ask her about 'mummy and daddy's work' though?
Hope she gets in - good luck!
Nathair

Post by Nathair »

Thanks for all the fingers/toes crossed, hope you don't get cramp :lol:
zorro wrote:Good job they didn't ask DS about his chores when he was interviewed! :roll: It would have been a very short conversation!
Why did they ask her about 'mummy and daddy's work' though?
Hope she gets in - good luck!

I'm not sure, but it's probably because on the application form I just put "Disabled" for mine and "Carer to wife" on my OH's, neither of us actually work, so that was probably a short convo.
Chores however, poor DD actually does quite a lot to help around the house when I can't and my OH is busy. She does; the washing up (don't have a dishwasher), sorts the clothes washing and put it on, put's the wet washing in the tumble dryer, sorts the dry washing into her's, her sister's or grown-up's, plus keeping her room tidy and any tidying 'round she is asked to do :? :oops: Younger DD is starting to help too, put that takes a lot of encouragement (aka nagging) Poor girls must have quite a Cinderella complex :shock:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10100;430/st/20100902/e/DD+Starts+Senior+School/dt/5/k/bbdb/event.png[/img]
zorro

Post by zorro »

Nathair,
She sounds like a fantastic girl - I truly hope she gets her place and then you both can be even more proud of her!!
I wasn't meaning to pry - just wondered why the school would ask her and not you about your work.
All the best!
Nathair

Post by Nathair »

zorro wrote:Nathair,
She sounds like a fantastic girl - I truly hope she gets her place and then you both can be even more proud of her!!
I wasn't meaning to pry - just wondered why the school would ask her and not you about your work.
All the best!
No offence taken at all zorro :) I am very proud of both of them, reading the post about pocket money made me realise just how much they do for us. They don't even get regular pocket money, I just buy them small treats when I can, a comic or something similar once every couple of weeks. They really are good kids :oops:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10100;430/st/20100902/e/DD+Starts+Senior+School/dt/5/k/bbdb/event.png[/img]
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

I'd be very surprised if she doesn't get a fantastic offer (and I mean FANTASIC!!).

You all, as a family, truly deserve it (but especially dd :D ).

Still *crossed* for you
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Any idea when you'll find out Nat?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now