City of London School for Girls Exam tomorrow

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Daogroupie

City of London School for Girls Exam tomorrow

Post by Daogroupie »

Hello, we are sitting this exam tomorrow. Anyone else sitting it who might like to meet up for a coffee please pm me, thanks.
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Good luck with the exam, I hope she does well and is relaxed! :)
Daogroupie

Exam tomorrow

Post by Daogroupie »

We are looking forward to going. She appreciates every moment she gets to spend with like minded children. She has come to the very end of her tether with her classmates and would much rather go and sit an eleven plus entrance exam than fight to be able to concentrate among the chatter of the children on her table. She was streamed in English and Maths from Y2 to end of Y5 but now the sets have been unpicked so that the workers can try and help get the others up to Level 4 for May so I was told by her class teacher!
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Are you looking elsewhere seeing as you live in Herts - what will the journey be like?
Loopyloulou

Post by Loopyloulou »

Should be quite easy for trains from Hertfordshire to Moorgate.
Loopy
Daogroupie

Journey to City

Post by Daogroupie »

Normally this would be the easiest of all the schools we have applied for to get to. One train to the end of the line and then a lovely walkway straight to the door. Today it was very hard but I think most journeys today were very hard. At least the exam was on and now its done, unlike QEB where parents have to wait another week/
BarnetDad

Post by BarnetDad »

That's my train line and it was totally packed this morning. I suppose, looking on the bright side, I can be relieved that it's not usually like that (but it is on some tube lines!)
Daogroupie

Journey to City today

Post by Daogroupie »

I think the journey today would put a lot of people off. We had a saturday service and trains cancelled and people left on the platform at every stop becuse there was no more room. In year and years of using our line I have never seen overcrowding like it.
mad?

Post by mad? »

Perhaps it is a good thing that today's test was a 'worst case scenario'? DD1 has a two or three tube station journey to school depending on whether she changes lines. If all else (including buses) fails she can walk (albeit 3 miles). In theory it is a 20 minute journey (TFL) door to door, in reality, allowing for her desire to be in early with eveyone else it is 40 minutes on a good day. It is easy to under estimate these things and the impact they have on day to day life, having an 'awful' reminder at test time might influence a final decision in a way that makes our DCs' lives so much less stressful for years to come. As an aside, for the last 4 years the tubes have been down (and this rarely happens) on the first day of term. Karma?

But yes, for qeb, having a postponement, WHAT A PAIN!
mad?
Daogroupie

City of London School for Girls Results

Post by Daogroupie »

So we finally got the email at 16.37pm today with an interview date. It is amazing, we don't have a single piece of paper from City, we applied online, paid online and had all our exam details on email. Anyone else get an interview? Anyone any idea how many they interview?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now