Latymer Upper and John Lyon School 11+ Interview/Rejection

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sweetviolet

Post by sweetviolet »

Dora - congratulations on the music scholarship! Well done :D . Thanks I will look into this - no harm in trying.
Amber

Post by Amber »

I am wondering how sdk, the original poster who received the rather, er, blunt response from one quarter, has got on. Are you there? I don't know anything about any of these schools but feel for you - hope you have had the news you wanted, and if not, that you have a fabulous alternative lined up.

Best wishes to you and your DC, anyway.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Amber - yes I hope sdk is OK after the less than friendly reply.. it might be worth sending him / her a pm to see how they have got on as we have all had our fingers crossed..
Amber

Post by Amber »

Good idea, will do!
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

I am still hoping they will hear the new's they wanted, such a shame a bit of nastiness creeps in to anywhere.

Fingers are still firmly crossed :D x
Milla

Post by Milla »

we don't know that that poster meant to be harsh - cf some sites this one is VERY careful (oops, caps, sorry) and maybe we can sometimes be a little sensitive / touchy?? Partic to people who might not have tuned into all the niceties yet. I maen, I type very fast so can make full sentences in seconds but perhaps if people type with one finger, they sound more stilted and abrupt than they mean. And their caps were for a Sorry and a Good Luck. So let's not scare them away if they didn't mean ill?? :lol:
[img]http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/47/47055t4vjrz296r.gif[/img]
RaphaelStar2090

My ds got a 100% scolarship

Post by RaphaelStar2090 »

My ds got 100% scolarship in second place . Hopefull dora he will see your son next year
RaphaelStar2090

Post by RaphaelStar2090 »

Dora wrote:Just to let you know our DS has been offered a place at Upper Latymer with a small scholarship.

Hurray !!.
well done my ds got 100% scolarship so hopes to see your son next year