please share experience on Westminster under school test

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

do you think westminster school declared entry criteria genuine?

yes
72%
no
28%

Total votes: 18

T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Just asked DS about his Westminster interview. He says he was not asked how much preparation he had. He also cannot remember much about it so all these tests have ha no detrimental, or positive, impact! :roll:

As for music, although the school is set within the auspices of Westminster Abbey it is not a Cathedral School and it does not have choristers. The Abbey Choir School is a separate school and actually sends very few boys to Westminster School. WUS have a choir that sings at the church next to the Abbey though. Music is excellent but it is not a particularly musical school as I was told only 1/3 learn an instrument. However, given the location and prestige of the school it does attract the very best peripatetic teachers.
londonmum

Post by londonmum »

They do a second interview just before Common Entrance when this question was asked. My assumption was that they wanted a basis on which to interpret any odd results.

I think about 40 new boys went on a choir tour during the first half term. Singing at the Christmas carols in the Abbey was fab, there is a very regular series of concerts, and quite a lot of going in and out of the Abbey for Latin prayers and the like. The eclectic mix of former pupils include musicians Shane McGowan, Mica and Dido, and there are some very talented musicians at the school now. The point really was that because of the boarders the school does not shut at 4.15 and there is a real richness of extra curricular life. You obviously benefit more if you live within easy commuting distance. I don't know if the school factors this in when considering candidates. They may well do.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now