Yes well done. Tricky one. Largely I agree with PBMum, all you need to do after all is ensure you don't increase your income in anyway
, which, in the current economic climate should not be difficult
if you do increase it, then you'll have the money to pay anyway. So I would recommend going with whatever feels 'right'.
At the same time as PBMum we did the opposite, we made a decision which involved a longer term financial commitment as our instinct told us it was the right thing for DD1. A global recession, dramatic down turn in our earnings and DD2 awaiting results as we speak this often now seems like a really rash decision. That said, we're here, she's happy, and apparently 'things can only get better'
Go for it and worry about the what ifs later, the less academic school will probably always be interested in her if things don't work out.