Bursary waiting list

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Hector

Bursary waiting list

Post by Hector »

Hi, my DC has been offered a place(full-fee) at indie and also placed on waiting list for a bursary. :?
Anyone had experience of this before, and can tell me what, if anything this means in practice?
Thanks. :lol:
Milla

Post by Milla »

Congratulations to him/her! Sorry, can't help with bursary news but well done anyway!
[img]http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/47/47055t4vjrz296r.gif[/img]
Hector

Post by Hector »

Thanks Milla,

We are very proud of DC, but now are in horrible position of having to let the place go, if bursary help isn't forth-coming. :cry:

Do bursary applicants have same dates to accept by as others? School just says things are always fluid until new academic year :shock: :roll:

Don't think my nerves will last that long :!:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hector I expect the school is aware that some children will more than one place offered to them with or without a bursary - they can only take one place so will have to turn one down ... often takes them ages though the schools try to pressurise.

Also some will be waiting for GS places next week.

Bottom line is that the school may be able to offer a bursary after the dust has settled.

Explain to the school that you want the place but only if you ultimately get a bursary.
Ask them whereabouts you are in the wating list.
Third time round

Post by Third time round »

We are in the fortunate position to have been offered two bursary places. We have to accept or decline 2 days before the full fee places do. I think the declined bursary will then pass to someone on the waiting list such as yourself. Hope this helps and good luck!