City of London School for Girls Offer

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
TrinISam

Re: City of London School for Girls Offer

Post by TrinISam »

Hi there,

Just wondered how your DD got on after two years at CLGS?

I am preparing my Year 5 daughter for 11+ exams and I am very interested in CLGS, I know the academic standard is high, as everyone else we can only try our best.

My daughter is an August born child but that doesn't hold her back at all, she is in the top sets for all subjects and is achieving above average, she attends a state school, just wanted to see what are chances are on gaining a place at CLGS?
Is the academic standard very high? Will we be competing so to speak with prep school educated girls? Will the fact my DD was educated at state school be taken into account?

Any information would greatly appreciated.... Would love to hear from anyone who's dd has recently sat an entrance exam coming from a state school and also would love to know how they were getting on??
loveyouradvice

Re: City of London School for Girls Offer

Post by loveyouradvice »

Hi;;.... my daughter's going to be trying for here.... YES academically they advise you to be working at level 5 by end of year 5 as being a good indicator of whether you get a place... that said, they take 50% from state schools which I always think is a good sign ... Latymer Upper the only other one we know of at this level... most others just 25% typically. Im assuming that means they are more flexible with state school kids - especially ones like mine who come from a school in special measures. But I never know how they really can test for potential ....
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now