Go to navigation
It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:29 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:10 pm 

Hi Everyone,
My DS has been offered a place in both schools.I am not sure which one of these schools to go for, if he does not get into local Grammar school. If anybody knows anything about these schools from personal/family/friends experience, can you please help me in my decision.

Many thanks,

Wendyw

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:44 pm 

Sorry, don't know about John Lyon School but know a couple of people who have children at St Albans (started last September) and they have nothing but good things to say about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:15 am 

Hi wendyw,

My Nephew and cousins went go/went to John Lyon but feedback was not positice ie. children were disruptive in class. I have not heard anything negative about St Albans.

Post subject: St Albans boys
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:16 am 

Hi Wendyw, you might find some help with this one on the independent schools thread. We also have an offer for St Albans which we are delighted to take (DS bright and sporty just loved the school from our first visit). Everyone we have spoken too with children there absolutely love it too and I think that the majority of responses to my queries have been positive. Anyway good luck with your choice!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:07 pm 

Thank you so much everyone,especially the information about John lyon school is very useful as there is not much information available here about the school.It has just confirmed my doubts about the John Lyon school. I think we will be going for the St Albans school as there is alot of positive feedback here about the school and it would suit better to my child as he is quite academic and likes sports(just like your DS Kitkat).

Thanks again everyone.

Wendyw