My maths

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
CCHSsmiley

My maths

Post by CCHSsmiley »

My DD prep school is going to use this website for homework and extra work. Does anyone have any information? Is it a good site? Thanks!
Mummyto3

Post by Mummyto3 »

My DS uses it; he enjoys it and the questions get progressively harder as they go on. He enjoys it enough to additional lessons that he does not need to so that can't be a bad thing! :D
dramaqueen

Post by dramaqueen »

Both of my secondary age children use this site. It's used for homeworks and revision, and it tells you what sats levels the work is at. It is interactive and gives feedback, plus it can be viewed by the school to see where help is needed.
teacher80

mymaths web site

Post by teacher80 »

Hi!

All such sites are as good as the wisdom with which they are used. They will not - cannot - make everthing right.

That said, mymaths is very good overall, especially when used by a skillful teacher working collaboratively with a supportive parent.

Go for it and explore all of it!

Also try:- bbc schools, coolmath, maths is fun, mathsworls, etc. Google will help you find several which work for your child. Look out for free parts or free samples on some sites; some sites have their free parts change daily.

Best advice? If Teacher recommends it OR your child is going on to it for fun, then it is probably helping your child.

teacher80
CCHSsmiley

Post by CCHSsmiley »

Sounds good. Thanks!
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Over £400 for full subscription, that's alot of money :shock:
Nathair

Post by Nathair »

Midget Man wrote:Over £400 for full subscription, that's alot of money :shock:
I think that the school pays that, and that gives every pupil access to the site, not that every pupil is supposed to pay £400 :shock:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10100;430/st/20100902/e/DD+Starts+Senior+School/dt/5/k/bbdb/event.png[/img]
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

That would make more sense :lol:
whichwitch

Post by whichwitch »

Daughter at local comp also uses this, it seems to be used widely then?
moved

Post by moved »

I use this site, occasionally, as a teacher. There are lessons and HW. I can also see how many attempts the children made at the HW and they can give feedback in the form of a smiley.