Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:00 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:50 pm
Posts: 22
Meguest wrote:
Yes, we will be giving up NLCS as we have just had a verbal offer from HBS - by being on their waiting list.

We will wait to receive the letter from HBS before we contact NLCS.

The deposit lost will be £2k (we will see if they will negotiate) :roll: but it will still be a massive saving in the long run over the 7 years.

I suppose a few others could well be doing the same if their first choice state school comes through and offers from the waiting list.

Above is my post from a Thread on the Hertfordshire Forum.
Is anyone else on this Indie Forum in a similar position, where their first choice Selective State School has now been offered during the waiting list movements ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:50 pm
Posts: 22
From the responses, I guess there aren't many people in the same, or a simliar position.... :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:47 am
Posts: 3310
Location: Warwickshire.
It definitely happens Meguest.
People probably need a bit more time to respond to your post. Waiting lists are only just beginning to move.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:50 pm
Posts: 22
It looks like there are not many people in this similar position, ie where they are considering giving up an Indie (and losing the deposit :( ) because a Grammar has now been offered from the waiting list re allocations....

The deadline before a full term's fee becomes payable is early next week (ie the end of term), so maybe there is someone out there who is in this dilemma too ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:51 am
Posts: 8112
It seems to me that the waiting lists are all moving very slowly this year ? more people hanging on to state places to see how the economy (+ election :roll: ) goes ....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:20 pm
Posts: 4660
It happened to us last year and we were very happy ( :shock: ) to stump up the first term's fees in lieu of 7 years free state education at our first choice grammar :D :D :D :D

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:17 pm
Posts: 33
Location: Hants
DS is now in indie school. We are waiting for an appeal for a place in a GS (year 7). Obviously, I have not given notice to the indie school because not sure of the appeal outcome. By the time we know, surely will be too late to give a term notice!

Not sure whether the school will insist of charging us for the first term fees for Y7??? :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 12:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:51 pm
Posts: 224
Meguest wrote:
It looks like there are not many people in this similar position, ie where they are considering giving up an Indie (and losing the deposit :( ) because a Grammar has now been offered from the waiting list re allocations....

The deadline before a full term's fee becomes payable is early next week (ie the end of term), so maybe there is someone out there who is in this dilemma too ?

I know someone this year who has opted for latymer and given up Latymer.
.


Last edited by cindrella on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 12:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:50 pm
Posts: 22
Thanks Cindrella, but it looks like no deposits would have been lost in either of these cases.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:56 pm
Posts: 8228
Even if they are not on this site, I am sure there are people who lose their deposits / first term of fees at independent schools across the country. What's bothering you? Are you really doubting your choice?

Good luck.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
CALL 020 8204 5060
   
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2016