No Bank Holiday for my DS!

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

chardom

No Bank Holiday for my DS!

Post by chardom »

My DS is in Yr7 and is absolutely horrified that his school doesn't recognise bank holidays and he has to go to school as usual on Monday! :shock: I must admit I was surprised myself when I phoned the school to check as I had thought that his teacher was winding him up! Is this usual at indies :?:
Anyway we have made plans for the weekend and I am in a quandary about what to do now -do we keep him off and stick to our family plans and then have him catch up all that day's lessons and the 3 lots of Monday night prep, or do we cancel our plans and send him in as normal? :roll:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Bizarre! never come across a school - indie or state that doesn't recognise BH. I wonder if the staf f get double pay like we do :wink:
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

My eldest's school doesn't do them either but the yougest one's does so we are having tantrums in the Tipsy home!
KB

Post by KB »

Perhaps it depends if they are primarily a boarding school?

My eldest at Uni hadn't even realised it was a BH - exams coming up & business as usual there :)
mad?

Post by mad? »

Nightmare! Never heard of it but only do day schools here...looks like it will rain anyway!
mad?
Susan

Post by Susan »

Snap Tipsy.

My DS school is teaching this Monday, which is fine because I can work for double hours Monday afternoon which means more time to spend with DS during the summer hols. Actually their exeat is at the end of next week so he'll get the following Monday instead, really.

I think it made him feel better that I will be working too.

Susan
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Snap with next week Susan. PM me to let me know how things are going! :)
Loopyloulou

Post by Loopyloulou »

It is common practice at boarding schools.
Loopy
zorro

Post by zorro »

mad? it is NOT going to rain on Monday - we are having a barbecue for 20 people!!! :roll:
I have never heard of schools not recognising bank holidays, my DS's school is boarding and day pupils and they have all the bank holidays off.
KB

Post by KB »

Is OK zorro - rain over weekend but cold & bright on Monday :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now