Wow - what a load of paperwork to send in one go!!

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

LazyDaisy

Wow - what a load of paperwork to send in one go!!

Post by LazyDaisy »

Ds's new school (which he is starting in September) has just sent through loads of paperwork - sports stuff, music stuff, summer rugby training, uniform, medical info request and on and on and on................. :o A bit overwhelming!! :shock:

Wow! It's really happening - my baby is off to big school in September!!! :?

The good news is that he has been allocated the languages he wanted. :D Well, when I say the languages he wanted what I mean is the ones we persuaded him to choose!!! :wink:

Third time round and Mummycomelately - I'm assuming you have received your packs of stuff too! I hope your boys are doing the languages they wanted too! :D

It's all really, really exciting!! Can't wait to see him in his new blazer! :P :P :P
Third time round

Re: Wow - what a load of paperwork to send in one go!!

Post by Third time round »

Yes! We got everything too...Chinese and Spanish.....My DS is delighted. Just filled everything in, took a whole hour to sift through it all!

Does anyone know anything about the residential in September...where is it too..and is it very expensive?
mummycomelately

Post by mummycomelately »

Hi LazyD and TTR,

It's been a while! Hope you are well and looking forward to September. We got our weighty tome and it suddenly seems quite real. DS has been dossing around with no homework for ages now (his school boycotted SATs and seems to be taking a project based approach to the rest of Y6) so I'm going to get onto that spelling list quite soon. Can't have him chilling out too much now, can we? Otherwise he might forget how to hold a pencil before he starts in September! Luckily he's already read quite a few of the suggested books so we don't need to stress too much about that.

He got Chinese and French (not Spanish second language as we'd hoped) but at least I can help with the French. LazyD did your DS get German or Spanish? I can't remember what you wanted.
LazyDaisy

Post by LazyDaisy »

Hi TTR and MCL,

Yes it feels like ages since those tense days waiting for the results!! :D

Ds wanted to do Chinese and Spanish but we gently (or not so gently :oops: steered him towards Spanish and German and those are the languages he has been allocated! :) He absolutely hates French so was very glad not to be allocated it and I will be able to help him with German. I'm hoping to pick up some Spanish with him. :)

DS was a bit horrified to see a spelling list. :shock: His school doesn't do SATs so he had end of term exams last week - I imagine the next half term will be spent dossing around so he will have plenty of time to learn his spellings!!! :lol:

TTR - I thought only the Junior year do a residential trip but don't quote me on that. I couldn't see it on the list of trips that we got (buried in the mountain of paper).

I'll be stalking around on the 26th whispering "tambourine" to random strangers trying to work which two might be you!!! :lol:
mummycomelately

Post by mummycomelately »

:lol:

Sounds like a great way to embarrass the DSs on their first visit. Better still, why don't you just take a tambourine with you and give it a little shake every time someone looks like a candidate? People will think you're a hippy or an Evangelical Christian (you're not, are you?). Not that there would be anything wrong with that if you were, of course, she says madly backpedalling.

Go on, I'll bring my triangle! :lol: :lol:

Don't think the boys will be in the same form as they're doing different languages. Shame...
Mummyto3

Post by Mummyto3 »

Glad you guys have the got the languages you, oops meant DSs, wanted!!! Not sure what languages my DS has got. He is nervously looking forward to the sports week before school starts he is currently in the A team for rugby so wants to go on the trip to Dubai next year but is worried that the 'new' boys will be so much better!!!

Am now even more anxious as am starting VR with DS2 for his exans in January :shock: :o :shock: :?
LazyDaisy

Post by LazyDaisy »

Poor you Mummyto3 - going through it all again in January! :(

If your ds is already in the A team I'm sure he'll hold his spot against the "in-comers"!! :D After all the teachers will already know his strengths.

Ds will not be showing up at the summer rugby training - his chances of being in any team are miniscule and he doesn't enjoy the sport at all - he is more of a football and cricket boy. :)

:lol: at me being an Evangelical Christian - noooooo!!!! :D Not much of a hippy either - just slightly mad. :P

I would have to steal Mummyto3's tambourine as she was the one a-shakin' it on that terrible day of nerves back in Feb!! :) :) :)

I dare you to bring a triangle MCL! :lol:

Perhaps we should all wear a flower or something or little badges saying "MCL" and "TTR" and "LD"? 8)

When will we get a chance to spot you, Mummyto3? :D
Mummyto3

Post by Mummyto3 »

Am so not looking forward to doing this again :shock: ; am hopeful he will get through and spare my nerves!!

Will you guys be at the induction day on 3 September?? Shall I bring my tambourine??! That way you won't miss me!!! :D
LazyDaisy

Post by LazyDaisy »

Oh yes - induction day. We can polish off our home made "Letterbox Crew" badges whilst flourishing the lucky LBC baton to give to you, Mummyto3!! :D :D :D
Mummyto3

Post by Mummyto3 »

LD, I so need that baton :shock: