highgate

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

Post by Guest »

If I recall correctly, the smell was along a corridor next to an outdoor area - a long path and (dodgy) steps leading to small building. It hadnt been raining yet the area was wet and a leak was apparent. I cannot say for sure if the smell was due to drainage, but it was surely terrible.

I'm pleased your happy with the school, it is indeed very popular, I just cant understand why, if the recent number of applications is to be believed. If you dont mind, I would like to hear what you/your son likes about the school.

Post by Guest »

That it's made him feel very welcome, that the teachers know all the children at parents' evenings very well and clearly have their interests at heart, that it doesn't pile on the pressure but allows them to develop at their own pace, that it has fantastic grounds and facilities, that he doesn't feel as if he's lost amongst lots of 'rich kids' (not being one himself), that he has fun and wants to go to school. But then we turned down the likes of Habs because we felt it was too pressured and full-on so, as always, it's horses for courses!

Post by Guest »

Those are very good reasons. We rejected HABS for the same reasons plus a few others. My child attends a school on par with Highgate and things are going OK, so far. When they're happy to go to schhol it's reassuring. I'm never totally relaxed about these matters though. Thanks for sharing.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now