HABS

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sj355

HABS

Post by sj355 »

Does anyone have any information on how many people took the HABS exam and how many were asked for an interview following that and how many places are available?

INEX
sj355
quest

Habs

Post by quest »

I think 300 people took the exam, about 175 called for the interview. My son went to a interview as well. Like city of London some have been offered 90% schlarship.(from realiable sources) :)
sj355

Re: Habs

Post by sj355 »

You mean in previous years, as this year's offers including scholarships are out on the 22?(I asked on the interview day specifically about this)
Strange about the 300, as my son was 486 and they take these things alphabatically (his was T), so I though they were more that 300.

INEX

quest wrote:I think 300 people took the exam, about 175 called for the interview. My son went to a interview as well. Like city of London some have been offered 90% schlarship.(from realiable sources) :)
sj355
je

habs

Post by je »

my son was candidate no. 380s. so there were more than 300. Also at the drop off in the morning there were at least 400 cars or so. Two of my son,s schoolmates did not get interviewed and one other friend had a similar interview to my son's. I think their intake is similar to QE but they have boys from their prep school as well, so less for the OUTSIDERS.
sj355

Re: habs

Post by sj355 »

Interestingly enough the pupils from their prep also take the exam (but no need for an interview as well if they are through). Some pupils are discouraged from taking the exam at all, if the prep believes they are not up to the standard

INEX
je wrote:my son was candidate no. 380s. so there were more than 300. Also at the drop off in the morning there were at least 400 cars or so. Two of my son,s schoolmates did not get interviewed and one other friend had a similar interview to my son's. I think their intake is similar to QE but they have boys from their prep school as well, so less for the OUTSIDERS.
sj355
dsm

Post by dsm »

our daughter was interviewed at habs, and we also had to meet one of the deputy-heads....i asked the question of how many applied etc....apparently, the figures were

applied: 520 ish
interviewed : 260+
offers: 120-140
avail places: 60ish

now, from grapevine, i hear that last year habs girls went thru their whole wait list, and still had places left, which is VERY wierd, but it did happen...and so they had to open up their "no"list,,,,,so maybe so many more are being offered...

we wanted nlcs, then hbs, then habs, but didn't get the first 2....so have accepted habbs,,,,but i must admit, it was a real pleasure going there to give in the deposit...we went to see it again and really does come accros as a fab school...we had really had our heart set on nlcs, but getting habs meant we were not as devasted and disappointed as i had earlier thought.....

Post by Guest »

Congratulations. It is a great place and your daughter is a lucky girl. My daughter thrived there and it really does prepare them well.

Post by Guest »

We got offered NLC for our daughter, but I was so unimpressed by the head who leant back in her chair any yawned open mouthed during our parents interview. It seemed arrogant. We chose HABS.
Unsure

HABS

Post by Unsure »

I'm not boasting, but my lad got a 25% scholarship at Habs boys.Does anyone know whether anyone got higher?
strange1

Post by strange1 »

i was told a max scholarship was 10% so you have done well to get 25

did you apply for bursary as well though. they may have give you more on top
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now