Redbridge Schools interviews (Bancroft, Chigwell, Forest)

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
fatboyslim

Re: Redbridge Schools interviews (Bancroft, Chigwell, Forest

Post by fatboyslim »

Very difficult decisions, but it's where you think your child will flourish. We have chosen Bancroft for our son and he is really excited about starting there. :P
dd34

Post by dd34 »

Fatboyslim we are also swaying towards Bancrofts we will be seeing the school tomorrow to make that final decision. Eeekkk
fatboyslim

Post by fatboyslim »

Hi dd34, was at Bancroft's today aswell and have accepted a place!
Got a good feeling, and my son was really happy looking around and especially when it came to the pastries!!!!
bethany

Post by bethany »

Well done to everyone on this forum who has got into schools that they are happy with, and fingers and toes crossed for those still waiting. I think that Bancrofts, Forest and Chigwell will have some very bright children starting in September!

As for my DD she has been offered a full academic bursary at City of London School for Girls, which needless to say we are taking and we are absolutely delighted about! It feels really great to finally have a decision.

A new chapter will be opening for us all and our DC very soon - how exciting is that?! :D
muffinmonster

Post by muffinmonster »

That's fantastic news, Bethany - well done to your DD. You must be very proud. Hope she will thrive at CLGS.
dd34

Post by dd34 »

Hi dd34, was at Bancroft's today aswell and have accepted a place!
Got a good feeling, and my son was really happy looking around and especially when it came to the pastries!!!!
Hi Fatboyslim we have made our decision and accepted Bancrofts. DD was very happy once seeing the school and confirmed to her it was the right school choice for her. Those pastries certainly were good!!! Such a relief and can now finally relax :D

Bethany congratulations to you, that is fantastic, a great achievement.

Good luck to everyone's DC's for September and soon we will be worrying about their first few days in big school.
RAB321

Post by RAB321 »

We are sitting the exam in Jan for Bancroft and Forest

What materials did you all use when your children were sitting the exam - or did you use tutors - if so, pls PM me the details

We are using Bond Papers - starting at the assessment papers age 9-10 and will work upto 10-11+. We do about 5 english 10 min papers a day and 2 -3 maths assessment papers

Any help you can give would be appreciated...Kinda feeling lost and I know Im rubbing off on my son
Joseph

Post by Joseph »

Dear all,
Please help
I am in the same position as rashdah.
Please pm.
Thanks
leanmeamum

Post by leanmeamum »

cover all the topics for maths before you go onto practice papers. Use past papers from other schools - Latymer, Habs, Bancrofts, etc (lots available from different indies) to practice maths & english. You can also use standard format papers available from shops.
Joseph

Post by Joseph »

thanks leanmeamum