Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:57 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Habs exams today
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:03 pm 

How did your ds's find it? Ds said English was easy, Reasoning ok but found a few of the maths questions difficult. Glad this is over and we can move on to the next one, can't wait for it to be over.

Wishing all the ds's the very best of luck :)

Post subject: Re: Habs exams today
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:27 pm 

My DS found the whole exam straight forward so I am pleased. He even accepted the fact that the English paper's timing was changed to 80 minutes last minute. Personally I thnk it is a good idea to give them extra time.
The only incident he didn't like was when the test administrator told him off for writing in pencil and suggested he should errase part of his work and do it in pen (if he has time at the end of the test). But then he changed his mind and said it was ok to use a pencil. So a bit of confusion which was unnecessary.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:04 pm 

Hi,

DS insists that, for English, the group he was in was given 10 minutes reading time and 60 minutes to do the exam i.e 70 minutes in total.
This seems to contradict the latest email that was sent from Habs and what has been mentioned in this post i.e 80 minutes in total.

Can others please share their views/their DSs' experiences.

Regards

newbie2010

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:28 pm 

Hi newbie2010,

Ds also confirmed that his group was given 70 mins instead of the 80 mins stated in the email, he was in Rm E01. Although he did managed to finish, the extra 10 mins would have helped with going over his work :x

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:29 pm 

Sorry. I just spoke to my DS and indeed they were given 10 minutes reading time and 60 minutes to do the test. But the email said 80 minutes. Strange.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:25 pm 

my ds said some boys were already reading the paper when he was taken to his seat !! he was not late we just had to wait in the cars as instructed !!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:38 pm 

emmalulu wrote:
my ds said some boys were already reading the paper when he was taken to his seat !! he was not late we just had to wait in the cars as instructed !!

That seems rather unfair! My DS didn't experience this but I do know that people had a lot of trouble getting into the school due to congestion - they should have allowed for that. MTs today were extremely well-organised in that regard.