St. Helen's Interview

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
vulcan

St. Helen's Interview

Post by vulcan »

Just got an interview letter for my DD at St. Helen's. Quite thrilled! Does anyone know when offers are made? Is it before the national offer date of 1st March? We have also applied for a few grammar schools and are waiting to hear in march. Wonder if indies want us to accept offers before we hear from the grammar schools?
Also, does anyone know how much weightage is given to interviews?
Thanks!
hermanmunster

Re: St. Helen's Interview

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Vulcan

yes it is highly likely that the offers will be made before the GS results are out and there will be some pressure to get you to accept before March 1st. However - hang in there, they can't make you decide:

I posted this last year:

hermanmunster wrote:
edit: found this on beechwood's website:
As the Kent 11+ selection tests will now take place in September, some independent schools have moved their 11+ entrance tests forward to the Autumn Term, and will no doubt be offering places to successful applicants soon afterwards. Whenever testing takes place, however, the regulations of the Independent Schools Council clearly state that there should be no deadline for acceptance of places before the first week of March 2011.
At Beechwood, we have therefore decided to keep our Entrance Day in January, because it fits in better with our school year. We believe that this will still give parents plenty of time to come to a decision about their child's secondary education.
vulcan

Post by vulcan »

Thanks hermanmunster. That is a big relief!
Caro

Post by Caro »

My dd has also got caught for interview and we are delighted. Do you know how many children they call for interview and also how many places there are?
vulcan

Post by vulcan »

I believe there are about 100 places
CoolMum5

Post by CoolMum5 »

You'll probably get an offer about a week before the GS results are released. Most Indies will post something out to reach you by about 24th Feb but I'm sure they give you until 6th March to make a formal acceptance as they know that people will be considering all their options. To take the pressure off yourselves at that crucial time, have the discussion now on best/worst case scenario and plan how you might proceed in each case.

Good luck! :)
Brrrrrmum

Post by Brrrrrmum »

hi,
Isn't St Helen's part of the North London Girls Consortium Group 1? If it is the offers are all being posted out on 2nd March with acceptance I think by the 10th.. so should work perfectly with the GS. :D :D
sandy123

Post by sandy123 »

yes that's right..... offers sent 2nd March. Acceptances must be received by the school by noon Fri 11th.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now