Good luck for CLSG exams!

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bethany

Good luck for CLSG exams!

Post by bethany »

Good luck to all the girls who are sitting the entrance exam for CLSG this morning! I have nervously dropped my DD off and am now trying to distract myself somehow from constantly thinking about the poor thing and how she's getting on!

This is the first indie exam of four, she has another one tomorrow and then exams for the next two Saturdays after that.

Roll on the end of Jan - then its just the waiting we need to worry about!
dd34

Re: Good luck for CLSG exams!

Post by dd34 »

Yes good luck to the girls, my daughter is also at CLGS now and then sits Forest tomorrow. Fingers crossed for all of them.
dd34

Post by dd34 »

How did it go for the girls at CLGS?

My daughter thought the English was easy and the Maths hard.

She told me the students made them feel very welcome and gave each of them good luck cards. If they pass they then have to find the girl who made the card, each card had individual names.
bethany

Post by bethany »

My daughter thought the opposite - that the Maths was easy and the English was more difficult - that's exactly what I thought she would say though! :lol:

What a lovely touch with the Good Luck cards - although my dd's group were told to leave them behind so I guess we will never know who made hers - pass or not!

Good luck for Forest tomorrow - it seems a bit tough having two exams in two days doesn't it?
docklands

Post by docklands »

What did you think of the way they treated parents? I thought they were pretty disorganised and chaotic. When I entered the school I was not sure where to go and had to take a few wrong turns before finding the place with all the other parents. And when it was time to pick up my daughter it was so crowded at the steps that it took a while for us to see each other.

It's a really tough call for us as we've always thought of City as our no.1 choice, but we were very unimpressed with the open day back in October.

What were your impressions of the school? I would very much appreciate any opinions.
HBShope

Post by HBShope »

During the open day it was nice to see the school in action but we would have liked to have more time looking around and talking to staff. The presentations were impressive and they actually discussed the exam - very open. We thought it was a cosy place and the girl that showed us around was very confident. The only thing I was a bit concerned about was space - I suppose this is the trade off.
docklands

Post by docklands »

I was surprised at how short the skirts were. Also, we run into a girl we knew in the corridor and stopped for a chat. Her classmates were borderline rude to us and to each other. Obviously, they are teenagers and my daughter is only 10 so the contrast was a bit shocking but I am not prepared for her to be like that in only two years.

I was also concerned re space and I agree it's a trade-off for being in an urban environment next to Barbican and within a walking distance from Tate Modern and other places like that.