Parents I nterview

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
dd34

Parents I nterview

Post by dd34 »

Hi, can anyone help?

My DD has her 11+ interview where the parents are also interviewed. What can we expect and some good questions we can ask.

There was a similar post I saw sometime back but cannot find now.

Many thanks
Nefertiti

Re: Parents I nterview

Post by Nefertiti »

Hi
I posted similar question for Forest School. Monstermuffin has provided a thread you can find on
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 31&t=17820" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

The interviewer provided me with a brochure/leaflet to read whilst he questioned my DS.
As a parent, I asked questions about the extra curriculum activities (timing and sports offered; music). And I also added few things my son forgot to mention about his hobbies and what other sports he might take on next year. He also asked if he was taking any other exams (grammar schools, indies, other sport selective school...)

Good Luck
Nefertiti
dd34

Post by dd34 »

Thanks for the reply, it is for the Chigwell interview soon.

My DD has had the Forest interview which was very straight forward they made her feel very much at ease. Exams Saturday for this and hoping for the best.
muffinmonster

Post by muffinmonster »

Hi DD34. We had an interview at Chigwell in November. We saw the interviewer first, while DS waited in the library filling in a questionnaire about himself and his interests. Our part of the interview was more of a friendly chat. He asked how well we knew the school and whether we had any questions about it. Then he asked us to tell him a bit about DS, so we talked about his strengths and interests and his personality. We also had a chat about how DS would get to school. Can't really remember anything else.

DS was asked to read a passage and answer questions (I think), and also to do a maths task. He came out looking quite happy and relaxed.

Chigwell ask your child to bring something along to the interview to talk about as an ice-breaker. I worried about this (not having a scrapbook of impressive certificates tucked away somewhere!) but in the end DS just brought a karate belt and that was perfectly fine. They barely talked about it, or about the English and Maths exercise books that he was also asked to bring along.

Hoep this helps.
dd34

Post by dd34 »

Hi Muffinmonster.

Thank you so much this really has helped, as I too was worried about what my DD should take.

From what I have heard Bancrofts interview is the hardest, where they ask about the latest news etc but thats only if they pass.

Thanks
dd34

Post by dd34 »

DD had her interview and was exactly how Muffinmonster you had said, thank you. Very straightforward and she was quite pleased and confident when she came out.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now