Habs Girls interviews

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Daogroupie

Re: Habs Girls interviews

Post by Daogroupie »

So very glad to hear your news dduck, especially as it is your number one. See I told you it would be ok. I am firmly convinced that any top table child at state school will get to interview stage at Habs. We also got the email. Pm me on your St Alban's slot because we might have the same one! DG
11plusparent

Post by 11plusparent »

Yes we got an email from Habs today informing us that we should expect a call at some point.

Also got an interview letter from NLCS, so very very proud of dd!!! Her hard work was not wasted.

Unlike other letters, NLCS sent a very nice letter complimenting dd for doing very well, which I thought was nice. Of-course there is still the important interview stage to come but its nice to be appreciated for the exam success.
luckydip

Post by luckydip »

Guys, any info about the format of the interview, questions asked, tasks, how DD's found it etc
2GirlsDad

Post by 2GirlsDad »

Hi, my DD will be sitting for Habs this year. She is a bit of an all rounder, will probably be sitting Maths L6 this year. She's done a lot of school papers including Latymer, Habs boys. We also did Bonds books and Letts and Athey papers. You have all been through all this before and i hope your DCs have made it. How do the tests compare to other schools' like St Albans girls and DAO?
2GirlsDad

Post by 2GirlsDad »

luckydip wrote:Guys, any info about the format of the interview, questions asked, tasks, how DD's found it etc
Hope your DD made it to your first choice.

Mine is sitting for Habs this year and we are trying to decide how to balance the preparation over Christmas between Maths, English and VR (even if she is very strong in the later one).

How did your DDs find the interview - were there any specific tasks or tests during that day?
Last edited by 2GirlsDad on Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

In my opinion the interviews are there to sort out the naturally bright from the overtutored. The indy schools are very fortunate that they are able to meet their candidates and assess them in a one to one. After four terms at DAO we can clearly see which of the children who came in on exam are making the most of this wonderful opportunity and which ones are not. It would be interesting to know how different it would be if state schools were allowed to interview. Both City and Habs were very confident that they could weed out the overtutored and felt the interview was the key to this. Maths questions are casually thrown out during the chats and opinions sought on some pictures, it is all very relaxed and tells them a lot more about the girls than the faceless exam answers. DG