Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
i-qah

Merchant Taylors -help with 11+ exam for 2007/8

Post by i-qah »

Hello
i
I have been coachng my son for the the Bucks 11+ however we are considering broaden ing the horizons to Merchant Taylors 11+ exam for 2007/(Jan2008?)

I would really be grateful for any advice on the 3 exams set - I have trawled this site and have seen the discussions on the interviews and scholarships, but very little on the actual exams.

How do these compare with the 11+ exams set for Grammar schools? I have concentrated on VR as that's all Bucks 2 tests consist of. Are the MT more rigorous? Have I left it to late?

Any advice would be really appreciated.
quest

Re: Merchant Taylors -help with 11+ exam for 2007/8

Post by quest »

i-qah wrote:Hello
i
I have been coachng my son for the the Bucks 11+ however we are considering broaden ing the horizons to Merchant Taylors 11+ exam for 2007/(Jan2008?)

I would really be grateful for any advice on the 3 exams set - I have trawled this site and have seen the discussions on the interviews and scholarships, but very little on the actual exams.

How do these compare with the 11+ exams set for Grammar schools? I have concentrated on VR as that's all Bucks 2 tests consist of. Are the MT more rigorous? Have I left it to late?

Any advice would be really appreciated.

If you phone Mt they will send you a sample paper maths and english paper. It is not too late you have plenty of time. If you start ealry kids get fedup. My son got through all the private schools this year. (habs,MT, City of London)) I only started doing the past papers in summer holidays.
:)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now