Sport mad indies

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sportmad

Sport mad indies

Post by sportmad »

Hi. Can anyone recommend sport mad independant schools? My son is looking for 6th form in Sept 2012. He is an excellent cricketer with huge potential for a cricketing career but we do need a scholarship. Based in the Midlands, but would consider boarding. Please help, thanks.
hermanmunster

Re: Sport mad indies

Post by hermanmunster »

Oakham... nice facilities, cricket professionals on staff, physics teachers scored century on debut for england, Stuart Broad went there, his mum taught in prep school next door... er nice school?

Otherwise Millfield Somerset, Trent Nottingham, ... where are you in the midlands?
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Friend of mine has just got her son into Malvern-full boarding scholarship,based on his cricketing abilities.

Lots of boys that my DS plays cricket with go to Cheltenham Boys College on scholarships.
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

Solihull or Warwick School, leaders in cricket and fantastic pitches, ex first class county groundsmen
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Try Haileybury, co-ed boarding and day, fantastic grounds and a great mix of backgrounds including international students. Whatever time of day or night we go there , there is always somebody playing sport. I know they offer Sports scholarships. Staff are really approachable and friendly. DG
eloise

Post by eloise »

Dulwich College has superb sports facilities and many of their pupils / ex-pupils are in national squads.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now