Go to navigation
It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hampton Court School
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:17 pm 

Hi All,

Does anyone have any personal experience/knowedge of Hampton Court School from Year 7 upwards? If so, I'd love to hear from you.

Post subject: Re: Hampton Court School
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:13 pm 

I think the many pages dedicated to this school in the Good School Guide cover everything (most schools get half a page). Its a very odd school, it may suit non-mainstream children, but I would be surprised if it appeals to anyone using this forum, its not a natural choice if you just missed LEH/Hampton.
I have a friend who could and does rant for hours about this school having wasted 5 years of her child's education there. I know another parent who moved a socially inept,non-sporty, academically struggling child there who is delighted with it. Its one of those sport is optional, we don't believe in uniforms because they stifle creativity sort of schools. I'm too uptight and mainstream to even think about it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:55 pm 

A 'quirky' boy from our school also moved there in year 6 (his fourth school to that point). Although I know of a family through a friend who raves about it for their DD.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:38 pm 

I know several families with children there who love it. When I had a look around I came away thinking what a lovely friendly place it was but, for once, just could not tell whether my dd would actually like it or not. They offer a day there to prospective students, which sounds like a good idea to see whether it would suit them. Have you visited it yet?