'The Beckham Boys' at Habs......

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

yoyo123

Re: 'The Beckham Boys' at Habs......

Post by yoyo123 »

JGBallard wrote:
Having read what is going on with poaching of kids etc, is this a surprise??
What do you mean 'poaching of kids'?
:shock:

in a light chicken stock or court bouillon isn;t that cruel? or is it a form of "hothousing"
la boume

Post by la boume »

just read that it is going to be Haberdashers, just 10 min by helicopter :lol:
fm

Post by fm »

While I have no knowledge whether they sat the exams or not, I have to take issue with the idea that it is beyond possibility that they passed them. I have never adminstered an IQ test to David or Victoria Beckham and I would be surprised if anyone else on this website had, so why are you assuming they are unintelligent? If it is just based on inarticulacy on being interviewed, I have had several intelligent parents who seemed anything but when expressing themselves about anything other than their chosen field.

Even allowing for the possibility they are not especially bright, why should you assume their children may not be bright?

This strikes me as intellectual snobbery.
Alice Wonder

Post by Alice Wonder »

Agree with fm. There are different types of intelligence as well. They are often mocked as being stupid but I think they have business smarts especially her.

Not sure about the academic requirements for the schools mentioned. But I am sure that some schools desire children with other abilities and qaulities not just academics. Is it only super intelligent children that are worthwhile and worthy of being educated at good schools?

I would have thought they were in a strong position to use the services of tutors if required or desired to improve their children's educational position. So i would not assume their children got an automatic leg up the ladder. They like most other parents want the best for their children.

Being a celebrity does not mean their children are not 'normal'. What is normal anyway? We do not know what their family and educational values are so why prejudge, wait and see and give their kids a fair chance like we would expect for our own and the parents at the school gate too.
Cheshire Cat
mad?

Post by mad? »

Well I think David Beckham is incredibly smart, demonstrating high levels of emotional intelligence beyond the wit of many a 'bright' person, charming, articulate in his careful choice of words and generally all round hero and phwaorwoosh. So lucky habs parents evenings :lol:
mad?
zorro

Post by zorro »

I've seen many fab cars in local indie school car parks(Bentleys, Ferraris etc) but a helicopter takes it to a whole new level!! Personally I think it is laughable. Why don't they just send them to a more local school? Hertfordshire is not exactly short of independent schools!
mad?

Post by mad? »

zorro wrote:I've seen many fab cars in local indie school car parks(Bentleys, Ferraris etc) but a helicopter takes it to a whole new level!! Personally I think it is laughable. Why don't they just send them to a more local school? Hertfordshire is not exactly short of independent schools!
Have they arrived at school in their helicopter then? Or is it just that they can? I'm sure there are plenty that can but don't...and plenty that would love to that can't.
mad?
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Have just been reading about how well brought up the Beckham boys are, renowned for their politeness.

Speaking as someone who can;'t even throw a ball, let alone kick or head one with amazing precision, I admire him.
zorro

Post by zorro »

mad? , the Beckhams are currently having a helipad built and the boys will travel to school by helicopter which will take 10 mins as opposed to an hour by car!! :roll: :roll:
doodles

Post by doodles »

I think that they are both pretty smart cookies - especially in business - and they've kept their children under such close wraps I don't know how anybody could know how "clever" they are. When I have seen any of the boys they have always been immaculately, maybe even conservatively, turned out and very well behaved.

Why do people "knock" the Beckhams so much anyway. I couldn't say that I am their greatest fan, but they are obviously a happy family and want the best for their children...... that could be an awful lot of us.

As for the helipad - I wouldn't believe everything you read :wink:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now