Which prep school?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

goinggetstough

Re: Which prep school?

Post by goinggetstough »

Tally: We looked at Godstowe a while ago, so am not current. Their scholarship list looking at the names might suggest they have a number of overseas girls (could just be a conicidence), but am not sure about the numbers in the rest of the school. Still have lots of friends with children at Windlesham so am reasonably up to date there. Windlesham has a good/small EFL department too.
With all schools that offer full boarding do find out what the term full boarding means for each particular school. At one school it meant there was an exeat every 2 weeks, not my idea of full boarding when you are overseas!
Secondly when they give you a percentage of children boarding check that it doesn't include the occasional and weekly boarders if you are interested in full boarding. I know your daughter is 10 but it is also important when a percentage of boarders is mentioned that you check how many are actually in your child's year group. Lots of prep schools encourage boarding in the final 2 years to prepare for public school so it can sway the overall percentage for a school.
It is always great to have an international feel to a school but it is useful to check the numbers from each country. Some schools have a cap per country. It is important if the number is too large as naturally they could form the core of the full boarders if there are not that many full boarders in a school. I know I tend congregate with english speakers when I am abroad.
Good Luck!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now