Non selective independent

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Post by Guest »

Mill Hill is a school you might like to look at. It does not attract the higher fliers but seems to bring it's pupils up very well.
sj355

Post by sj355 »

Anonymous wrote:Mill Hill is a school you might like to look at. It does not attract the higher fliers but seems to bring it's pupils up very well.
Is this the one that calls itself Belmont for years 11-13? If yes, a friend's daughter is going there. She is a good (though not very very good) pupil and was accepted on the basis of that as well as girl with many out of school interests including a talent in swimming. It is a bit more expensive than HABS or Highgate though...Her mother is delighted with the prospect of her kid going to this school, and so is another friend whose kid has already joined the school. Might be worth considering...
sj355

Post by Guest »

Yes.. although Belmont is actually the junior school for The Mill Hill School and is situated over and along the road from it.
My son went there (Belmont) and then moved onto Habs. Many pupils do go direct to Mill Hill from there although, like my son, some move onto the more 'academic' schools. That said, Mill Hill gets great results even though it is less exacting in its selection. It has a great sports reputation and my sons friends who went there have been very happy and did very well.
I would see it as a good option for someone who is looking for a private in North London that is not strictly selective.
mousaka

Post by mousaka »

Palmers Green High School for Girls in North London has very good results and takes children with mixed abilities.
jen s

Post by jen s »

Have a look at St Martha's in Hadley Wood-its a beautiful location with small class sizesand brilliant pastoral care-they take girls from all denominations and the fees are on the low side.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now