chigwell school

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tubby

chigwell school

Post by tubby »

Hi all

My DD will be going to chigwell school soon for an interview, am really stuck as to questions to ask, or DD in particular they asked her to bring in her maths english book or any other items as an ice breaker. If you have been through this, advise would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Tailsmo

Re: chigwell school

Post by Tailsmo »

Hello Tubby. We're hoping to get an interview, so don't as yet know what we'll be asked to bring in, but, if we have a free choice, DD wants to take her dance certificates and a doll-sized Tudor costume she made as part of her Y5 school project. Anything that shows a range of experience would probably be good.

Good luck!!
muffinmonster

Post by muffinmonster »

Hi Tubby. My DS was interviewed last year for Chigwell and we decided to take his latest karate belt (brown) as an ice-breaker. On the day, they didn't even get round to discussing it. The interview was very friendly and my son enjoyed it. First he was asked to sit in the library and fill in a form about himself while we talked to the interviewer and had a chance to ask questions. Then DS was seen by himself and given a maths task and asked some questions about what he likes in school and out of it - nothing very difficult.

I would suggest that your DD bring anything to do with an interest or activity that she enjoys - as far as I can see, it's just something to get the conversation going.

Best of luck to your DD and to Tailsmo's.

PS My DS was offered a place.
Tailsmo

Post by Tailsmo »

thanks muffinmonster! Well done to your DC. Hope that's us come 1st March!