moray house paper at mts??

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
watfordgrammarmum

moray house paper at mts??

Post by watfordgrammarmum »

How did your dc find the mts exam today? My ds says maths seemed straightforward and he found english the same. One can never tell until results day rears it head! My son said that the vr paper was moray house paper 91? Does that mean that it is identical to the moray house paper 91 that already exists or does it bear no relation to the paper whatsoever? I am quite surprised that mts are using moray house after all the scandal surrounding the company!
watfordgrammarmum

Re: moray house paper at mts??

Post by watfordgrammarmum »

I've never really read much info about mts on this forum - why so quiet everyone
:D
lara228

Post by lara228 »

Dunno why so quiet.....DS sat MTS yesterday and there were loads of other boys there!! Overheard two little ones discussing what other schools they had been sitting for - one was doing at least 10 sets of exams - all the Central London/North London and Herts schools plus a few I hadn't heard of! How much is too much?? Lots of 'Tiger moms' waiting anxiously who pounced on their DSs and immediately interrogated them - just gave mine a big kiss and hug and went off to find a nice place to have tea and cake - just haven't really got into this 11+ thing!!
Apple10

Post by Apple10 »

lara228 wrote:- just gave mine a big kiss and hug and went off to find a nice place to have tea and cake - just haven't really got into this 11+ thing!!

Totally agree with you lara228.
My dd is sitting an exam this morning and I intend to do the same when I pick her up this afternoon - whisk her away as quickly as I can and treat her to her favourite dinner.
She will tell me how it all went in due course.
maddad

Post by maddad »

My DS said he just about had enough time to complete the maths, whereas he had plenty of time for the VR (enough time to check 50% of his answers).

The first thing my son told me about was the nice Religion & Philosophy teacher who sat next to him at lunchtime :)

He saw some other boys he'd met at Habs and one who'd also been at Parmiter's (I guess they group them alphabetically so they keep bumping into the same children).