Go to navigation
It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:44 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:21 pm 

Hi. Does anyone has any information to share about LEH interview - what is a typical interview like and does the school test any specific aspect in interview ? My DD's interview is scheduled in week beginning 23rd Jan. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:44 pm 

I have sons but a friend's DD did the LEH interview (and got a place) a few years ago. Apart from the usual school subjects, books, hobbies, why do you want to come here etc, they did ask her to talk about a story currently in the news that interested her. She was all ready with a story (Obama recently winning the presidential election) but the interviewer than said "...except Obama winning the presidential election" (I suppose everyone's mum had had the same idea!) She stammered something out and was fine, but maybe it's worth preparing her with a couple of news ideas! Good luck to your DD

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:16 am 

Thanks Thisismadness.
It seems LEH is inclined towards testing General awareness a bit more as some current affairs questions appeared in their written test also.
If anyone has more experience to share it will be great.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:05 am 

Hi

DD1 is at LEH and from recollection, the interview is a combination of current affairs, personal information and some "moral hazard" type questions (what would you do if...).

I was very worried beforehand as she was not overly confident but she found it friendly and welcoming and came out laughing.

Other girls in her year had some horror stories (having to sing, being told off for saying "like" too many times) but by and large I think they are just out to assess that they are participative, aware and most likely not over- tutored.

Tell your DD to relax, and she should be fine.

Good luck!

sm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:10 pm 

My daugher's interview was quite fluffy - asked about her family, interests, what her dream holiday would be. There was nothing tricky and no current affairs. However, I know of other girls whose interviews were quite different - think it really depends who is doing the interview!

Good luck!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:00 pm 

Hi aban, gd luck to your DD for her interview this week. Can you post with how it went/what was asked to help those with interviews to come, pls? From your other posts, it sounds as if your DD has interviews at lots of schools so she has done really well! Which one are you/she hoping for?