North London Group 2 Exam Today

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Brrrrrmum

Re: North London Group 2 Exam Today

Post by Brrrrrmum »

My DD got wait listed at Godolphin after not getting an interview at City. However our school said she was pretty high up the list so would have prob got a place if we pushed. We were interested in other schools though so didn't push.
tubby

Post by tubby »

Hi Brrrrrmum,

I contacted the school and was told that my DD's papers fell below the median mark, her english was closer, do you or anyone know the pass mark for indies schools, forest Bancroft, city, and chigwell in particular.
Brrrrrmum

Post by Brrrrrmum »

Hi Tubby,
Sorry I don't know the pass mark - I think it varies from year to year doesn't it?. I just assumed from last year (schools we were looking at G&L, City, SHHS, Francis Holland) that City was the highest - maybe others know better? It seemed to be believed by those in the know at my DD's school that City was as hard to get into as St Paul's. Maybe that comparison was made as they both did the NV/V reasoning tests. (?). Sorry do not know about other schools - maybe others do.
Rimsky

Post by Rimsky »

It does seem to be that City is harder to get into. If anyone has any information as to the different pass marks it would be really appreciated. City feed back was that her maths was exactly median and English below. It is now so stressful waiting to hear from Godolphin when you have had a 'no' from City!
ConcernedDad

Post by ConcernedDad »

Just a day or two for the results!

Good luck everyone!