City of London Boys 11+ exam

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
questions

Re: City of London Boys 11+ exam

Post by questions »

Well done mamakiso's DS!

We had the call today too. I was too embarrassed to ask about numbers, but really want to know - how many interviews, out of how many who took the exam? How many places will they offer? How many scholarships?

Please share anyone if you know!

I did ask about the interview - 20 minutes, DS only (no parent interviews thankfully!), no requirement to take random 'talking point' object with them. Think that was it...
Yoch

Post by Yoch »

Hi Mamakiso and Questions,
Well done to both your DSs. You must be very happy. Out of curiosity, did both of you apply for sponsored awards? If not, perhaps they are scholarship interviews.
mamakiso

Post by mamakiso »

Questions - I have a friend who's DS didn't get through the initial exam and I understand the letter stated 276 boys took the exam and only 8 were chosen so very well done to your DS!
questions

Post by questions »

Thank you mamakiso, but I won't get too pleased with those numbers yet as they don't sound quite right... maybe 276 applied for 8 sponsored awards? It would be a bit odd if they narrow down from 276 to 8 in the first stage and then have two further stages to narrow those 8 down to however many awards they finally have. Plus 2 days set aside for interviews for 3 or 4 children!
mamakiso

Post by mamakiso »

Questions

Yes your probably right, but to have got throught the initial sift is still an achievement!
questions

Post by questions »

We've had a letter now - no details in there at all, so very glad I asked a bit on the phone and that this forum is here!

Any idea how many are being interviewed for the award places?

They have two dates in the diary for them, all are getting 20mins one to one time with the headmaster, so can't be that many <hopeful emoticon>.
mamakiso

Post by mamakiso »

Questions

I sent you a pm. Good luck for the interview
svg123

Post by svg123 »

Good luck to those who are appearing for interview today.
CPM1771

Post by CPM1771 »

Well done to all the boys that were interviewed at City today.

Hot off the press, there were in excess of 400 applications this year for 60 places. 200 will be interviewed in three sessions including the session of 70 boys today. They do offer significantly more than the 60 places they have, but do not make that decision before interviews have finished and so I could not get the exact number from them. All boys have already been graded according to their exam results, but can move up or down according to interview performance. They do regard interview performance as very important. My suggestion would be that for those interviewed you have around a 60% chance of a place.
questions

Post by questions »

Useful to have some numbers CPM, thank you! I'm surprised you think they will offer double the number of places available, that seems very high... are the sponsored award places included in those numbers do you know?

Good luck again everyone!