Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:17 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:51 am 

Hello,

DD has been invited to an interview at St Paul's Girls and I would be grateful for any advice on this process.

Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:29 pm 

Hi

My niece is in year 8 at St Paul's girls. She said last year the interview at St pauls was the easiest and lasted only 15 minutes. Main topics discussed were about the girls's habit, current school etc with no academic question asked.

Well done to your DD for the interview invite, she must have done well enough to get to this stage.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:41 pm 

Thanks for your reply. That is reassuring to hear that the usual questions re hobbies etc were asked. I'm sure it varies from interviewer to interviewer but praying for a kind, sympathetic person who doesn't ask anything too cryptic or confusing. Prob best not too prepare them too much as interviewers see right through it!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:04 pm 

My DD is going to apply next year. I wonder if anyone of you, whose Dd has sat the exams could explain, is there a science test at SPGS? The prospectus does not give that info, but at the open day, the guide was telling us, that she had had a science entrance test.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:44 pm 

No science test this year for 11+ admission. I gather from this forum that they had science test in the past - don't know when they stopped using it.

Here is a link with details

http://www.spgs.org/join-us/entry-proce ... ar-7-entry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:52 pm 

The comprehension paper was very much science based this year. There is no science paper per se but they are interested in seeing the ability to use a " scientific approach" in problem solving..... Methinks!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:54 pm 

My dd sat St Pauls two years ago. It was a science comprehension that went on for pages and pages. Dd said that nobody in her group actually fniished. DG

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:51 am 

Has anyone got past papers from previous years? Their website only give a limited number of papers.(hard enough to make my hair raise)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:58 am 

As far as I know they have never posted their papers before this current one on-line. I have heard that they had to make a paper public after someone had leaked papers to private tutors....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:30 pm 

Yes, we were told when we applied two years ago that they did not release any past papers. It would make sense that the only reason they are doing this is that they are destroying the advantage gained by some by the leaked paper. By posting the paper online everyone has the same information. Bet the tutors who got the papers are annoyed! Boy it's a jungle out there! DG