Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:19 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:54 am
Posts: 542
It was my 40th last week and as part of the celebrations, dh and I have arranged to go away for a rare weekend treat just the 2 of us. It's booked for 2/4th March weekend. However I'm having doubts about the timing. Private schools issue their results around 23rd Feb and state schools on 1st March. We then have a week to make the final decision.

Would you go away this weekend knowing we will probably be in the middle of a big decision? Dh thinks it will be fine but I can't help thinking my mind will be thinking about schools rather than having a relaxing weekend away!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:57 pm
Posts: 1446
Middlesexmum wrote:
It was my 40th last week and as part of the celebrations, dh and I have arranged to go away for a rare weekend treat just the 2 of us. It's booked for 2/4th March weekend. However I'm having doubts about the timing. Private schools issue their results around 23rd Feb and state schools on 1st March. We then have a week to make the final decision.

Would you go away this weekend knowing we will probably be in the middle of a big decision? Dh thinks it will be fine but I can't help thinking my mind will be thinking about schools rather than having a relaxing weekend away!


You could look at it two ways:

1) are you a couple that's likely to run out of things to say? If so, knowing the results will give you something else to discuss! :lol:

2) if I were you I'd go before or weeks after as you'll be stressing if it's not good news.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 8:02 pm
Posts: 160
I think you should go! I suspect your decision will be made by then. Weekends away are a rare treat, go for it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:51 am
Posts: 8113
Whatever the March 1st decision or the 23rd results say there is very little that you can practically do ovet the weekend other than think. So go and have a nice weekend - phone calls and visits etc can wait until monday


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:44 am
Posts: 1390
Location: Reading
Personally I'd go earlier or later - just in case your DC needs some support the day after the final results if things don't go well. Just my personal opinion and relating to my own DD really


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:46 pm
Posts: 270
I'd go another weekend - in our experience you are quite likely to end up with a number of choices and there isn't long to decide. I was ringing parents and acquaintances, and working out travel etc over the weekend - it would definitely have taken the romance out of it.. :roll:

And your dc may want you around too - esp if they don't get their favourite and you need to talk up the others.

We also found that you feel differently about places once they want you. If you can, go back and see them again, unless you know for sure. Open days - or in some ways better - as they don't do the 'sell' in the same way - a private tour are good.

Best of luck and make sure you have a lovely weekend another weekend!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:32 pm
Posts: 6966
Location: East Kent
yes, I would go. As Herman says there is little you can do over the weekend. Time just for you is precious, make the most of it!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:54 am
Posts: 542
Hmm, some mixed opinions and I am still undecided!

Think my instincts are telling me not to go - I feel like we'll be telling dd her options and then disappearing for the weekend just when she might need us around. Problem is though, if we postpone we won't be able to go for quite a while after as we've got a family holiday over Easter. I suppose it's not the end of the world to wait and dh's birthday is in June so we could go around then maybe.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:55 pm
Posts: 85
Location: London
I would also not go that weekend - not even so much because of thinking youwill have to do - though that might come into it - but because it could be quite an emotional for your dc and I think that it will be better if you are around - to help celebrate or to talk up another school or to ponder plan C, if it comes to that.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ricky74 and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
CALL 020 8204 5060
   
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2016